DROP THIS IN YOUR TOILET TO KILL BACTERIA AND ELIMINATE ODORS – NO SCRUBBING REQUIRED
Yup, I’m serious, toilet bombs. Although I would like to, I can’t take the credit for this creative DIY, Came up with this fantastic recipe and she even sells them on her site. So if you just can’t muster up the energy to make them yourself zip on over to her site and pick some up.
This simple recipe Deodorizes & Kills Bacteria in one quick step. Just drop one in the bowl, stand back and watch it work.
Ingredients: (for approx. 24 bombs)
- 1 1/3 cup Baking Soda– amazing for all-natural cleaning AND deodorizing!
- 1/2 cup Citric Acid– (low-strength acid that exists naturally in fruits like lemons & oranges) – used in many kitchen & bathroom cleaners for its cleaning, whitening & deodorizing properties.
- 30 drops Lavender Essential Oil*
- 30 drops Peppermint Essential Oil*
- 30 drops Lemon Essential Oil*
* All three oils I use have great antimicrobial properties and kill odor-causing bacteria PLUS this combo smells heavenly.
Notes: Please us a medical mask while mixing ingredients
- Mix citric acid and baking soda. Always put medical mask first and then mix together the soda and acid.
- Put essential oils in a spray bottle and spray little by little stirring the mixture at the same time in order to not let it fizz away. If the mixture isn’t damp enough I add just A TINY BIT of water in my spray bottle and spray the mixture – but again, be careful too much moisture will make the citric acid fizz and then when you got to use the bombs they will not explode.
- Put the mixture into silicone molds and let them dry for about 6 hours. Store the bombs in a container with a lid.
All you need to do is drop the bomb in the toilet and stand back! Ok well not really but it does fizz a whole lot and leave your toilet clean and smelling, well as clean as a toilet can smell!
Disclosure: In order to support my blogging, I may receive monetary or other types of compensation for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial or links to some products or services from this blog. Any opinions expressed are my own