This Woman Almost Died Because Of Something You Probably Do Every Day (VIDEO)
Like many women, Audree Kopp used to put her spare hairband on her wrist.
However, after a surgery on her arm because of three severe bacterial infections, caused by a hair tie, she wants to tell other women to be cautious.
It is believed that bacteria have passed from the glittery hairband to a tiny cut on her wrist.
Audree Kopp says the first sign that something is not right happened when she noticed a red lump on her wrist which began to swell up.
First, her doctor gave her antibiotics to treat the growth, but the bump continued to develop. Then, she went to the hospital and underwent emergency surgery. If it wasn’t ended on time, she could have had sepsis.
Doctors revealed there were three strains of bacteria that are infecting her wrist, so the lumps of pus needed to be drained.
The doctor claimed bacteria from the tie got under Audree’s skin through her pores or hair follicles, triggering three types of infection. He advises to be careful and not to put your hair ties around the wrist because it can cause skin problems. When bacteria enter your bloodstream, people are known to go into a coma and the body shuts down. It could have been even worse.