These TWO Ingredients Can Eliminate Earwax and Ear Infections
You can treat your ear infection and get rid of ear wax buildup with a simple home remedy.
This remedy comprises of two easy to obtain ingredients.
What are the two ingredients?
The two ingredients are — white vinegar and alcohol.
Preparation of recipe:
- Mix an equal measure of white vinegar and alcohol in a small bowl.
- You can start with smaller amounts of these ingredients like a teaspoon each to evaluate it’s effects on you.
- Overtime you can increase the amounts of combined ingredients and even store up the surplus for future use.
- Use a clean eye dropper to pour the solution into one ear at a time.
- Ensure that the solution remains in your ear for about a minute, you can tilt your head to avoid it pouring out.
- After one minute allow the solution to drip out by tilting your head over your toilet sink.
- Do likewise for your other ear.
If you are in a dry environment you should not use this solution because according to an audiologist — Dr. Robert L. Martin alcohol causes the skin to dry and crack. It is therefore advisable for use in a moist environment.
The doctor advised that if you have been exposed to some moisture for example, after swimming then you should use this solution two times a day for four days. He further stated that if a person is exposed to extreme moisture then such a person should use the solution two times weekly for a duration of seven months.
Ear infection can be caused by;
- Extended periods of exposure to moisture
- High humidity
- If the outdoor temperature is higher than usual
- Swimmers or people who leave water in their ears for long are prone to ear infection.
Prevention is better than cure:
It is always better to prevent an ear infection rather than cure one. So you can do this by ensuring that you clean and dry out water in your ears after a bath or shower, you can do this using a cotton swab.
What are the symptoms of ear infection?
- Tenderness feeling
- A plugged ear feeling
- A feeling of having fluid in your ear
- Hearing loss
Symptoms of ear wax:
When cleaning your ears it is possible that you will push your ear wax further in your ears and the buildup can be discomforting.
Here are some symptoms;
- Plugged ear feeling
- Hearing difficulty
- Ringing in your ears
How to keep your ears healthy
- Avoid washing your ear canals, the ears have a natural ability to clean themselves.
- Consult your audiologist or otolaryngologist once you notice the symptoms stated earlier.
- If you are a swimmer use ear plugs that will leave your ear canal dry so that you can avoid ear infection.