Here’s What To Do If You Have A Fatty Liver
Many people have digestive problems and do not know what to do when it comes to certain foods. They make allergy tests, ultrasound or blood work to check if they have some serious problem.
The name explains everything- you have excess fat in your liver. This happens when the person has more weight than the organism can handle. If you have a fatty liver it can cause a disease that can become a chronic illness. Overweight people, people who are insulin resistant, have stomach fat, crave starchy and sugary foods probably have fatty liver. However people who are healthy and have normal weight can still have this problem.
Our liver is a very important organ. Its location is in the right upper part of the stomach and these are some of its functions:
– Helps to process or remove alcohol, toxins and medications from the organism.
– Stores energy for the body. All food that we consume is broken down in glucose (a type of sugar) and we use it as a fuel. It cannot be stored and that is why it transforms into glycogen that is kept in our liver. It is released as glucose when we need energy.
– It makes bile that helps in digestion of fat.
– Makes proteins which are very important for blood clotting.
– Makes cholesterol.
Fatty liver diseases
Some people do not have symptoms of a fatty liver, but they have fatigue, digestive problems and constant pain in the upper part of the belly. In most cases a fatty liver is not caused by excess drinking, but because of the food that we consume.
Approximately 70 to 90 million Americans are not aware that they have this problem.
What is the cause for a fatty liver?
First of all it is caused by consuming fructose, sugar, sodas, pre-packed foods, corn syrup and fast foods and not be consuming, nuts, seeds, avocado or coconut oil. The bad foods will create inflammation in the organism and that can lead to pre-diabetes or insulin resistance. This will create fat in the liver and in the stomach area.
The reason for fatty liver among Americans is caused by their standard diet.
It is a big risk for a heart attack.
We all see young children who have this problem because they drink sodas and have risk for a heart attack or a liver failure.
How to reduce the risk of having a fatty liver
– Eliminate foods that are high in fructose syrup such as pops, cookies, ketchup and sodas; reduce sugar intake.
– Read labels.
– Eat less processed foods and flours.
– Consume healthy oils such as nut oil, olive oil and avocado oil.
– Eat more vegetables.
– Consume more nuts and seeds.
– Eat more wild meats and fish.
– Take fish oil supplements.
– Eat more cruciferous vegetables – cabbage, broccoli, brussel sprouts and cauliflower.
If you have a fatty liver you should follow the above-mentioned advices and also consume supplements such as:
– Lipoic acid
– Milk thistle
– B vitamins
– N- Acetyl-l-Cysteine
The most important thing is to change your diet and eat foods that are good for you and your health.