He Pours a Full Cup of Salt Down The Drain. The Reason Will Amaze You
Salt is very useful to you. It helps the taste of your meals and can even be used to clean snow from your pathway.
When ingested salt will retain water and prevent you from being dehydrated.
It is very useful as a grease and grim cleaner and can be used to clean your sink stains, remove the stickiness from your pressing iron and in removing grease from your bathtub.
Here are some salt based cleaning and other useful tips you can try at home;
1. Remove the stickiness from your pressing iron with salt.
- Just get some sticky paper.
- Put salt on the paper and iron with a medium heat.
- The stickiness will immediately leave your iron.
2. Put out fire with salt
Salt will block out oxygen needed by the fire. So if your frying pan catches fire, instead of pouring water on the oil based fire, just pour salt and it will be quenched in no time.
3. Clean grease off your pot with salt
If you have grease in your pot, just add salt and water and leave for some minutes. The grease will come up to the surface of the salty-water, making it easy for you to wash off.
4. Clean egg white and yolk from off your table
Getting a broken egg from your table can be a messy affair. With salt this is not a problem, just pour some salt on the broken egg and wipe away easy.
5. Cleaning grease from a sponge
After cleaning a greasy pot your sponge will appear greasy. You can use salt to remove this grease, all you have to do is soak the sponge in salty water overnight by the morning all the grease would have vanished from the sponge.
6. Clean your bathtub using salt and baking soda
Using a mixture of a cup of salt and a cup of baking soda is excellent for removing the stains and grease from your porcelain bathtub. Just use a soft sponge and gently clean the bathtub with the mixture and see the difference in no time.
7. Unclog your up drains
You can use salt to unclog your drains. By following this simple instructions;
- Mix salt and turpentine and pour down the drain after you have removed with your hands anything blocking it that you can get to.
- Pour vinegar down the drain also, you will see a bubbly reaction.
- Boil some water and then pour down the drain as well and your drain will be free from any blockage.