Millions Of Americans Suffer From Constant Sciatica Pain – Here’s HOW To Reverse It!
Rather than popping painkillers for your sciatica pain and exposing yourself to their side effects, you can engage in more natural remedies like practising Yoga or consuming natural organic herbs.
Gaining Relief from Sciatica Pain
It is widely acknowledged in the scientific community that turmeric’s active component — curcumin is very effective in reducing severe inflammation and can be taken as a tonic as well.
How to use turmeric
- You can use turmeric by heating it up in milk, coconut oil and a bit of black pepper. It is believed that the piperine the major ingredient in black pepper helps the body to absorb nutrients better.
- You can also purchase curcumin enteric-coated capsules with piperine, it will provide you with good absorption and quicker relief from the sciatica pain.
- You can also apply turmeric topically to the spot of the pain.
- Use turmeric as a tea or cook it to derive the curcumin needed to provide you with much needed relief.
The benefits of Turmeric
- It will reduce the levels of inflammation-fueling enzymes thereby providing you relief from sciatica pains.
- As a healthy adult it is recommended that you consume about 300 mg of turmeric to be taken 3 times per daily. It will reduce inflammation and ease the pains you feel. If you are on other medications then this dosage would have to be modified accordingly.
- Bromelain may be found in turmeric supplements and it helps to boost it’s anti-inflammatory properties.
- Turmeric is also effective against arthritis which has been identified as a causative factor for lower back pain or sciatica.
- In Malaysia scientists have explored the use of turmeric in relieving nerve-related pain.
- It is widely believed that turmeric is much more effective than Non-steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs).
- Turmeric is also a COX-2 inhibitor and it is selective by nature. It is the enzymes — COX-1 and COX-2 that are responsible for kicking off inflammation, while COX-1 helps in maintaining your stomach lining and is still useful to the body, COX-2 increases inflammation.
- NSAIDs like aspirin, naproxen and ibuprofen inhibit both COX-1 and COX-2 enzymes and are not selective in reducing inflammation. When these drugs inhibit the enzyme — COX-1 you will have stomach issues in time. Turmeric on the other hand selects and inhibits COX-2 without disrupting the functions of COX-1.
- Turmeric naturally selects COX-2, which is what scientists have been trying to imitate in their labs for years now without success.
- Turmeric has no side effect and is a natural COX-2 inhibitor. You will be exposed to side effects when you take pharmaceutical drugs.
- Turmeric is a much more inexpensive natural remedy than your pharmaceutical. Drugs. It will save you time, effort and money.