This Is What Happens To Your Body If You Eat 1 Teaspoon Of Turmeric Every day
Turmeric has been used for 2500 years. It was earlier used as a dye. Its health benefits came to be known later on.
It is known as the ‘Queen of all Spices’ in India. It is well known that turmeric has anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and abilities to detoxify our body. Now, research has shown that it works well against major diseases like cancer and Alzheimer’s too.
The following are some of the ways in which turmeric can make you healthy:
1. Reduces inflammation: It is well known that inflammation is the cause of most of the current diseases. Turmeric is an effective anti-inflammatory agent. It is far better than the anti-inflammatory drugs available today. The main compound of turmeric, curcumin, is responsible for its anti-inflammatory nature.
2. Protects the brain: Curcumin has a positive effect on our brain as well. It can delay or reverse diseases of the brain. Age –related decline of your brain can also be prevented. Curcumin does this by increasing the levels of Brain Derived Neurotrophic Factors (BDNF) in our brain. Reduced levels of BDNF are responsible for the cognitive disorders of the brain like Dementia and Alzheimer’s.
3. Prevents the risk of cancer: turmeric can be given the name of the natural cure of cancer. It is one of the most potent substances against cancer ever found. Apart from inhibiting the growth of cancer, it can stop it from developing and spreading in the body.
4. Helps in digestion: as an anti-inflammatory agent, turmeric can prevent the inflammation of the digestive tract. It can relieve you from the feeling of bloating and gas as well. It helps in stimulating the gall bladder if taken every day. But, when you have a disease of the gall bladder, it should not be taken every day since overstimulation can cause more problems.
5. Protection for your heart: It’s curcumin again that protects your heart. It can remove plaque from your arteries, prevent blood clotting and reduce the levels of LDL cholesterol.
6. Relieves arthritis symptoms: Curcumin relieves the pain and inflammation of arthritis patients. Curcumin supplements are known to work better than most drugs available in the market. It does not cause any side-effects as well. Although many people have felt seen their condition improve, more study needs to be done.
7. Anti-aging properties: Curcumin fights inflammation. It protects our body against free radicals as well. These two play a major role in aging. Hence turmeric fights aging. It increases longevity because it fights deadly diseases like cancer and cardiovascular conditions.
Now that you know what turmeric does to your health, don’t forget to use it in your diet every day. You can add it to anything. Just take one teaspoon and use it in juices, soups, curries, smoothies, homemade sodas and stir-fries.
To improve its absorption in the body, use a pinch of black pepper along with turmeric because turmeric by itself is not absorbed by the body very well.
There are many other ways in which turmeric will improve your health. It is recommended to be used daily.