Home Remedies For Jaundice
Jaundice is a symptom of an underlying problem, which causes the levels of bilirubin in the bloodstream to increase. It is a yellow discoloration of the sclera (white part of the eyes) and the skin. Some of the diseases that can cause this are obstruction of the bile duct, inflammation of the liver and hemolytic anemia. This is common among babies.
Here are few of the best home remedies that can be effective against jaundice:
1. Consume juice of radish leaves – drink the juice for up to 10 days. This is also a great home remedy for abdominal discomfort due to liver problems and loss of appetite.
2. Drink fresh tomato juice daily – the antioxidant in tomato juice-lycopene, can promote the recovery of liver. Drink tomato juice every morning.
3. Take ground almond everyday – put 7-8 pieces of almond kernels to soak in water. Peel them the next day and ground to a paste. Take the resulting paste daily.
4. Have a glass of sugarcane juice with lime – to a glass of sugarcane juice add lime juice and drink it 1-2 times a day.
5. Enjoy a cup of chamomile tea – take this tea daily, for several days until the problem has subsided.
6. Take a teaspoon of papaya leaves – turn a few papaya leaves into a paste in a food processor. You can also add some honey.