This Is Why Baking Soda Is One Of The Most Powerful Things You Can Use. Here’s What You Didn’t Know About It
There is no limit to the number of ways baking soda can help with your health.
You would be surprised to know that this amazing ingredient helps not only in the prevention of diseases like common cold, it can also prevent cancer. Baking soda also works as a cleaning agent. It is also a great natural product that helps with skincare, hair care, oral health, and personal hygiene.
Thanks to its endless benefits, it is one ingredient you should always have with you.
Here we will list some of the other health benefits of using baking soda. In fact, all its benefits cannot be listed in one place:
– Removing plaque
– Effective treatment of colds and influenza
– Thanks to its antipruritic properties (which means anti-itching), it helps in improving your skin and hair quality
– Preventing kidney stones from forming, hyperkalemia and bladder infections
– Reducing the risks of acidity, metabolic acidosis, drug intoxication, diarrhea, and peptic ulcer
There is so much baking soda in terms of improving your health that many of them may be entirely new to you.
We will touch upon some of these other benefits:
Fighting Acid Reflux
There are so many people suffering from acid reflux. But you can use baking soda as one of the best solutions for this problem. So how can you use it for fighting occurrence of acid reflux?
– Take a large cup
– Mix half teaspoon baking soda in 2 tbsp organic apple cider vinegar (you may also use fresh lemon juice in place of vinegar)
– Once the fizzling comes to an end, you should add 8 ounces of water to it
You should drink this solution at once and it will help in the creation of alkaline environment in your body. This is so helpful in the reduction of acid reflux and neutralization of the pH imbalance.
Additionally, you could also give a twist to this drink.
You can add half teaspoon baking soda into 16 ounces of water. This can help in reducing both heartburn and your GERD symptoms.
Baking soda is also used as a folk remedy of so many health issues. You can use it for the following benefits:
– Do you want to speed up herpes and canker sores healing? Mix baking soda in water and apply it on the affected area.
– Do you want to get rid of fungus and grime from the nails? Put some baking soda on the old toothbrush for scrubbing your nails.
– It can also help in giving you a fresh breath. Mix some baking soda in water for gargling and you will have a fresh breath.
– It can also help you in getting relief from pain and itching because of bee stings or insect bites. Baking soda can also provide relief from itching due to oak or poison ivy.
Use baking soda in the following method for easing itching, soreness and bad odor:
– Take a small basin.
– Take 1 tbsp of peppermint essential oil and mix with 1 tbsp salt, 3 tbsp baking soda, and warm water.
– Soak your hand or feet to ease it.
You can also whiten your teeth by using baking soda for brushing your teeth.
Baking soda can also be used as a skin exfoliator:
– Mix 1 tbsp baking soda in 1 tsp water
– Use it to eliminate excess oil and dead skin cells from your face
If you mix baking soda in water and drink after an arduous physical activity session, it can help in soothing the muscle pain.
But that is not all, there are even more home remedies to be made from baking soda.
According to Dr. Simoncini, baking soda has a strong relation with cancer treatment. If he is to be believed, using baking soda with molasses can help in the prevention of many disease including cancer, recurrent fungal infections and diabetes. Dr. Mark Sircus has also confirmed this in his book called “Sodium Bicarbonate.”
If you drink a mixture half teaspoon baking soda in 8 ounces of water two times a day, it can help in curing UTI.
Use a baking soda and water mixture for gargle to eliminate oral thrush-m.
Add a tablespoon of baking soda in warm water for eliminating Candida yeast and curing itching.
Do you have thrombosis? You can mix baking soda with apple cider vinegar or lemon to ease the symptoms.
Here are some valuable tips to get the best from baking soda:
– Baking soda should never be consumed as a powder. It should always be dissolved for use.
– When you use baking soda for treatments, it is possible that the effects of certain prescription medications can get affected. So make sure to consult your doctor/physician before you use it.
– Baking soda treatments shouldn’t be used for nursing mothers, pregnant women and kids of 5 or below.
– You cannot gain the benefits from the above-mentioned remedies if you are taking a low-sodium diet. This can result in draining away of essential vitamins and minerals from your body.
– If your GP has not advised it, these remedies should be limited to just 2 weeks of continuous usage.
Other included sources linked in Natural News’s article:
Author: JB Bardot
JB Bardot has a post graduate degree in holistic nutrition. He is an herbalist and a classical homeopath, and you can find her at The JB Bardot Archives at www.jbbardot.com and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/jbbardot23