CARROTS: the Natural Food to Removing Cough and Phlegm from your Lungs (Recipe Included)
Carrots are not just crunchy and fun to eat vegetables; they are very rich in minerals which include potassium, magnesium, iron, manganese, phosphorus and calcium.
They also are a viable source of vitamins B-carotene, C, K and A which is especially important for maintaining good eye sight and vision.
The carrots you consume daily will help boost your immune system and help your body fight off bacteria, fungal and viral infections.
Carrots will help your body combat upper-respiratory problems caused by the common cold, asthma, bronchitis and dry cough. It will also improve your digestive system and because it is rich in fibre it will encourage regular bowel movement.
You can get rid of your cough and the phlegm in your lungs with this simple homemade carrot based recipe.
Simple DIY Homemade Carrot Cough Syrup
- Carrot — 1/2 kg
- Natural raw honey — 3-4 tablespoons
- Chop your carrots into small pieces and put these chopped pieces into a pot of water.
- Boil the carrots until they are soft.
- Take down the pot from your stove and strain the water.
- Do not dispose of the water; let it cool at room temperature.
- Remove the carrots and mash them with a blender or fork.
- Add you natural raw honey as well as your mashed carrots to the water.
- Ensure that you refrigerate the syrup.
- The syrup should be taken daily especially if you have persistent cough.
- Take about 3-4 teaspoons daily and before a meal.
- Use this syrup for about two days for best results.
- If you don’t notice any improvement, then consult your doctor.
If administered as instructed then you should be relieved from your persistent cough and the phlegm your lungs.
Try it out today and reap the expectorant benefits of your carrots.