Top Signs Your Body is Toxic and What to Do About It
Hundreds of years ago people didn’t have to worry about toxicity in the body. They used a simplistic and natural way of life that didn’t require detoxification of toxins. It wasn’t until just recently that medical professionals began to acknowledge the issue of chemicals polluting our bodies.
We all know the saying “You are what you eat…” But how can we be sure what we are if we don’t know much about what we eat? Nourishing yourself with seemingly everyday foods seems like a perfectly safe venture right?
It turns out that toxins have become an inescapable part of our everyday lives. In the previous decade there have been roughly 100,000 different chemicals used in the United States. They’re used commercially in the food we eat, the medicine we take, and general house care products that appear completely innocent.
Studies by the Environmental Working Group recently discovered that even unborn babies can’t avoid pollution in our toxin-laden society. They found traces of more than 200 commercial chemicals within the umbilical cords before birth. You might not be able to avoid the toxins but knowing where they come from and how to treat them will help reduce the impact of toxicity significantly.
Signs that You Have Too Many Toxins in Your Body
So at this point we know how prevalent toxins are in our society. What we haven’t covered is how to tell whether or not the amount of toxins is effecting your overall health in a negative way. Listed below are a few of the most common signs of too much toxin exposure.
- Sleep disorders like insomnia and restlessness
- Body odor and foul breath
- Persisting exhaustion
- Worsening inflammatory problems like arthritis and asthma
- Trouble with digestion
- Development of ulcers or hemorrhoids
- Increase in acne, psoriasis, eczema, and other skin conditions
- Loss of mental clarity and motivation
- Muscle and joint pain
- Worsened PMS symptoms
It’s worth noting that these signs are quite general. Some might be a symptom of a completely irrelevant medical condition. Before you go assuming that your body is polluted you should always check up with your physician.
This is a factor that goes both ways however. Some physicians might have trouble assigning a source to symptoms caused by body toxicity. They may also attribute the symptoms to something that isn’t actually affecting you. This pitfall exists because many medical practitioners aren’t required to be well-versed in body toxicity knowledge.
It’s always better to be safe than sorry and take steps to enhance detoxification. The strongest weapon in the fight against body toxicity is knowledge. Reducing your exposure to toxins and practicing detoxification can only encourage a healthier and happier lifestyle.
Major Sources of Toxins
The first toxin source you should be wary of is food. This plays a huge role in detoxing your body because it is the most direct intake of industrial chemicals. Processed foods are the most common source of additives and chemicals and should be avoided when possible. Pesticides sprinkled on to crops can also add foreign toxins to your body. You can also read my other post about the most pesticide ridden fruit and vegetables.
Another deceiving source of toxins is within personal care products. Chemicals are abundant in a lot of the shampoo, body wash, soap, lotion, toothpaste, skin cream, and deodorant that we use so casually on a daily basis. If you want to avoid these toxins you can make your own natural healthcare products.
The third major contributor of toxin intake is environmental factors. Inside of your home there could be chemicals lingering from the use of cleaning products and a lack of air circulation. Outside of your home there are plenty of pollutants from secondhand smoke, vehicles, and the production of commercial goods. You can read my other post on how to make your own natural household cleaner.
Keep in mind that these are just the three major contributors to toxicity within your body. There are plenty of other small ways that toxins can sneak into your routine. Always exercise caution when purchasing products and carefully examine the areas that you live in.
Easy Steps for Optimal Detoxification
1. Reduce Exposure – The first and most obvious step to take is modifying your routine to reduce your exposure to the chemicals. Analyze the sources listed above and try to minimize the pollution you encounter throughout the day. You can start by avoiding these most toxic food ingredients and avoidingthese fake foods.
2. Stay Hydrated – Water is an essential tool for your body to flush out the chemicals you are exposed to. Purchase a filter to make sure your water is pure and make sure you drink it in regular intervals. A minimum of 8-10 cups of water per day is recommended.
3. Go Organic – Switch up that shopping list and ditch the processed foods. Look for organic sources of fruit and vegetables and try to avoid retailers that mass produce it. This will decrease the presence of chemical fertilizers and pesticides that are used for commercial gain. Green vegetables and most fruits have effective detoxifying qualities. You can find more information in my article about how to detoxify your body using chlorophyll and how to detox your body with these 8 leafy greens.
4. Maintain Healthy Digestion – Get the right amount of fiber in your diet and make sure that you use the bathroom regularly. The average person should move their bowels 1-2 times each day to prevent toxin buildup. You can make you own digestive detox smoothie.
5. Exercise – Getting active will fire up your circulation and turn your body into a toxin flushing machine. Going for runs, swimming, playing sports, or simply getting out to walk around once in a while will help keep you in shape and away from body toxicity.
6. Supplementation – There are health supplements out there that will help you reduce toxicity within your body. For example: spirulina and chlorella are two kinds of blue-green algae that are effective at binding and removing toxins from your body, and they work well for detoxing from heavy metal exposure. You can get more information in my article on how to boost your health by eating seaweeds and algae. If you have been exposed to a large amount of toxins and want a quick fix, some recommend taking activated charcoal. Always check with your doctor before taking any supplements.
You can a lot more information about the most effective natural methods to detox your body in my e-book The Detox Guide. This guide will teach you how to use detox to cleanse and energize your body naturally and safely.
Many people are shocked to learn that the environment isn’t the only thing we’re polluting. Our own bodies suffer as well. With these steps in mind you can lead a lifestyle free of body toxicity. You’ll feel better and ensure a healthier future once you’ve taken the step towards a natural life and cleared your body of toxins.