Natural Prevention of Osteoporosis
Osteoporosis is a condition that affects your bones and is caused by the disintegration of bone cells as well as the proteins and mineral salts, such as calcium, that make up the bone matrix. It is a condition that especially affects women during and after menopause.
For natural prevention of osteoporosis, we should first and foremost watch our diets, making sure to incorporate the necessary nutrients for our bones, and also avoid a sedentary lifestyle and the consumption of tobacco, alcohol, coffee, and refined sugars and foods.
The emotional explanation
According to Louise Hay, who presents an emotional explanation for each and every ailment, in the case of osteoporosis, the sufferer has the feeling of being completely without support in life. For such emotional questions, we recommend a personalized homeopathic treatment or a Bach Flower Remedy, as emotions can cause or further develop many health problems.
Proper bone nutrition
Natural medicine offers plenty of alternatives for supplementing nutritional deficits of the bones. We recommend the following:
- Organic liquid silicon: This supplement restructures the bone and gives flexibility and more freedom of movement to your joints.
- Schüssler salts – calcium phosphoricum: This homeopathic salt helps you to better absorb calcium and does not interact with any other medicine. You can take two pills three times a day, separate from meals, for at least three months.
- Schüssler salts – Silicea: This one can be added when you feel pain, sensitivity, or have a tendency towards fractures.
- Dietary minerals: Specialists recommend taking Manganese-Cobalt, Fluoride, Magnesium, and Phosphorus.
- Vitamin D: If you are lucky enough to live somewhere sunny, you should be fine on the Vitamin D front if you just spend a bit of time in the sun each day. The best time to get sun is at its lower intensities, such as early in the morning or before sunset. If you are not so blessed, you can take Vitamin D as a supplement.
Despite what you may have heard, dairy products are not the best alternative to osteoporosis, since the calcium they contain is actually quite difficult to absorb.
We should also be particularly careful with foods that prevent us from absorbing or maintaining calcium levels properly, such as white sugar and coffee.
- Sesame: has more calcium than milk and is much easier to absorb. You can take it raw in powder form or in toasted powder form, or in the form of raw sesame oil or even tahini (a sort of sesame paste used in Middle Eastern cooking). Tahini can be mxied with water, lemon, cinnamon, and honey to make a delicious sesame beverage. We can also use it to batter things.
- Cooked carrots: carrots are much richer in calcium cooked than when they are raw.
- Maca: this plant boasta a ton of calcium and iron and, in addition, is a great hormone regulator. People with hypertension and people with over-active immune systems, however, should exercise care.
- Horsetail: very rich in silicon. You can take two or three small cups daily.
- Seawater: a natural and well-balanced supplement that can be found in herb and diet shops. We recommend taking a tablespoon before each meal.