WARNING: Popular “Child-Friendly” Hobby Is Spreading Serious Infection to Kids
Not anyone can imagine a child’s birthday party without the inflatable bounce house. These bounce houses are just like trampolines, and the kids just love them. They can keep children occupied for long time.
However you should know that they not that safe. One 10-year-old was playing in one of those bouncing houses at a summer party. After few days, his mother, Brenda Sanderson noticed a series of strange sores on his body.
In the begging, Brenda and her son, thought that the sores are only burn marks from the plastic on the bounce house. This was a very logical and possible explanation. Either way they decided to go and visit the doctor. After this visit, their worst nightmare come true.
This sores were growing in size and emitting ooze, which means they were indicating a full-blown staph infection.
If not treated properly and quickly, the staph infection can easily turn into a deadly situation. As soon as they told the doctor that the kid was playing in the bounce house, he was almost certain that it was a staph issue.
This means that these bounce house, which are usually rented out, are not cleaned properly. They are often inspected for safety by state officials. However they are not inspected for cleanliness. It’s the owners’ responsibility to keep them cleaned, sterilized and bacteria-free.
No matter how hard you try, you cannot protect your child from these kind of infections. However, when renting, you can talk to the owner of these bounce structures and ask him about the cleaning procedures.
Now you know, if your child develops any sores after playing in one of these bounce structures, don’t even wait a minute, take him to the doctor immediately. Only this way you can save your child’s life.