3 Ingredient Grout And Tiles Cleaner! Make Your Grout Look Like New! And Tips On How To Keep It Spotless!
One of the most frustrating aspects of home cleaning and hygiene involves the washing of your bathroom tiles. Removing the grease on your floor tiles is essential if you want to avoid toilet accidents like slips. Taking care of stains and bacteria growth can be a challenge for most people.
The old ways of using a toothbrush to clean the grout of your tiles is still a personal favorite for most housewives and using a variety of cleaning agents to achieve your desired level of hygiene when it comes to cleaning the tiles can be a norm for most people.
Most of these cleaning agents however consist of bleach and other chemicals that can be nauseating when used; as they give up fumes that tend to irritate most people. It then brings to the fore the question of – is there a more viable alternative?
The simple answer to this question is a resounding – YES!
The “more viable alternative” is actually closer to home than you can imagine. There is a DIY homemade cleaning remedy that will save you lots of money and at the same time relieve you of the unpleasant toxic fumes that you would otherwise be subjected to with your regular run-of-the mill cleaning agents.
What do I need then?
In preparing this homemade cleaning remedy you need just three (3) ingredients namely;
- Baking soda – 1/2 cup
- Hydrogen peroxide – 1/4
- Liquid dish soap – 1 tablespoon
How to prepare the homemade grout and tiles cleaner
- Get a small squeeze top bottle
- You then mix all the three ingredients
- Put them in the squeeze top bottle and you are ready to use
- Note that the job of the baking soda is to help scrub off all the stains on the tiles as well as the water buildup stuck between the tiles
- The hydrogen peroxide helps to whiten and clean the tiles
How to use the homemade cleaner
- Make sure you apply your cleaner on the grout and tiles
- Then leave the mix on the grout and tiles for 5-10 minutes
- By doing this all the dirt and water build up would be dissolved
- This makes it much easier to scrub off the dirt
- If you don’t have nasty stains, you can apply your homemade cleaner on a soft wet sponge and use this to clean your tiles
Cleaning your tiles and grout once in two weeks with this homemade formula is ideal. You will immediately notice a cleaner bathroom. This way is a more rewarding and a less hazardous housekeeping process.