Little Boy Will Lose 75% Of His Eyesight Because Of Small Toy You Probably Have In Your House!!!
A Tasmanian teenager lost 75% of his vision as a result of shining a laser pointer in his eyes while playing with it, the Australian Broadcasting Corporation reported recently. Thus, optometrists warn the parents of the dangers that are associated with this thing they may consider a toy. The optometrist Ben Armitage was called to determine why this teen had vision problems. The laser pointer caused the boy lose 75% of his vision in each eye. There are laser burns on the back of both of his eyes. He managed to burn the retina of the eye which is an area near the macular. His vision was affected instantly even though he did not feel any pain at that time.
That is actually the area where one’s detailed central version takes place, having an exaggerated effect on how much he’s lost. This damage cannot be remedied with glasses. The way our eyes work is that the majority of the usable vision is central, including all the color vision and it takes place in a very small area. Armitage said that it was as if the damage was done to the boy’s eyes was akin to a broken film camera, in that no matter the quality of the lens on the front, the damage to the sensor at the back is not able to be remedied.
The Food and Drug Administration Center for Devices and Radiological health explained that a 5mW laser can cause damage, while those “properly labeled” in the 3-5mW range have no reported cases of eye damage. Most laser pointer in the U.SS abide by the regulations, however, there are some lasers which are improperly imported exceeding federal limits.