How To Heal Ingrown Toenail At Home!
The issue with ingrown toenail is quite common and it is manifested by a toenail which grows into the skin, instead of over it. This condition depends on many different factors and it is chronic and quite painful.
A surgery is the most common method used for removing the ingrown nail. However, the surgery can be avoided if the condition is treated on time. Taking some measures in its early stage prevents complications and it allows successful removal.
- First, you need to prepare a hot bath. Dissolve 2-3 tablespoons of baking soda and a pinch of salt into 5 liters of water. Even though the water should be hot, it shouldn’t be higher than 37 degrees.
- Steam the legs in this water for about 20 minutes. Then, try to separate the nail from the growth tissue. Take some plaster and surround the toenail with it in order to ease the pain. By doing so, the nail will be more accessible.
- Take a small stick or some other similar object and lift the edge of nail very carefully. Then, try to put gauze or some piece of cotton between the soft tissue and the nail. Make sure you soak the gauze or the cotton in some antibacterial solution, such as iodine.
- Place another gauze or cotton onto the nail and wrap the toenail with a bandage. Of course, the cotton should be disinfected first, as the previous time.
- Let the gauze work for 24 hours. Then, repeat the procedure with another gauze and bandage.
- The procedure should be repeated over the course of 12-14 days.
If you adhere to the instructions described above, the nails will slowly start rising above the soft flesh and they will come out of it. In case you are unable to place the gauze or cotton place during the first days, feel free to grease it. You can use antiseptics, such as aloe gel, or a mixture of honey and garlic. If you opt for the latter, mix 1 tablespoon of honey with one clove grated garlic. Perform the procedure at night and try to separate the nail in the morning.
Note: It is strongly recommended to do pedicures on regular basis later on. Moreover, consult a doctor right away if you notice any sign of inflammation.
Source : www.justnaturallife.com