THEY ARE GREAT FOR HEART’S HEALTH, PREVENT STOMACH ULCER: SEVERAL REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD CONSUME MORE OLIVES!
One of the oldest and healthiest ingredients known to mankind are olives. In this article we will present few reasons why you should eat olives.
Nutrition review of olives:
1. Olives are rich in copper:
– One cup of black olives provides 38% of the daily copper needs.
– This metal is essential for building strong tissues.
– It maintains blood volume and is great for energy production in cells.
– Copper is needed by the human body for production of collagen.
2. Olives have an abundance of oleic acid:
– Olives contain oleic acids consisted of 75% of fats. (those are monounsaturated fats that help reduce blood cholesterol).
– Help in bone and bone narrow development.
– Olives are great for preventing oxidation as well as for maintaining balance in the entire metabolism.
3. Rich in iron
– One cup of black olives will give you a quarter of your daily need for iron.
– Olives are the richest ingredients when it comes to iron.
These healthy fruits are rich in nutrients and have numerous vitamins that help in improving eyesight and digestion. Besides that, the vitamins found in olives are great for healthy skin and healthy hair. Also, olive tree is extremely rich in nutritional elements such as beta-carotene, omega 3 fatty acids, chlorophyll, enzymes, vitamins D, E, K , phytosterols and flavonoids.
Olives’ health benefits:
1. Help in preventing cancer
Besides having an abundance of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, olives contain properties that neutralize the harmful effects on cells caused by free radicals in the body.
2. Improve heart’s health
Olive oil contains biophenols which lowers blood pressure and stimulates synthesis of low density lipoproteins. Namely, lipoproteins are known as bad cholesterol, and biophenols prevent hardening of the arteries. (which occurs due to atherosclerosis).
3. Help in reducing excess body weight
When replacing saturated fat it has been shown that olive oil reduces insensitivity to insulin and helps break the fat in fat cells. Scented extracts in olive oil give a feeling of satiety.
4. Prevent stomach ulcers
Helicobacter pylorus is a bacterium found in gastric acid and is the main culprit in causing ulcers. Olive has proven to be a great fighter against this bacterium. Olive oil can destroy eight layers of the said bacterium. In addition, it is an excellent prevention against cancer of the stomach, and also prevents stomach ulcers.
In addition we will present a series of facts which, according to experts, the olive tree have a favorable impact when it comes to fighting against: rheumatism, fever, stress, arthritis, acne, bacteremia, PMS, cracked skin, prevention of stroke, macular degeneration, sunburn, impotence, and many others.
Olives have a great taste. You can put them in salads as a pizza toppings or in any meals you want to.