Dawood Basha, Meatballs With Tomato Sauce
1. In a food processor, blend the ground meat, cinnamon, allspice and salt until you get a homogeneous meat paste.
2. To prepare the meatballs, wet your hands with some water and divide the meat paste into small balls the size of a small plum.
3. In a deep saucepan, heat the vegetable oil and fry the meat balls. Remove and drain on a kitchen absorbent paper.
4. In the same saucepan, fry the onion slices until tender then add back in the fried meat balls. Add the tomato pieces and the dissolved tomato paste. Cook over medium heat.
5. When the mixture starts boiling, reduce the heat, cover the saucepan and let it simmer for 15 min.
6. Serve hot with vermicelli rice.