Get Rid of Anxiety and Headache with Tasty Lavender Lemonade
You can utilize the amazing medicinal properties of lavender by flavoring your lemonade with it. This wonderful herb has a great aroma and calm your senses.
Pure lavender oil has amazing health benefits and it is one of the gentlest essential oils. It has great healing properties and is favorite among many households. Having over 150 constituents, Lavender oil has a complex chemical structure. Lavender oil has amazing antibacterial, anti-fungal, antimicrobial, antidepressant, analgesic and sedative properties.
Researchers from Florida have found that lavender oil reduces anxiety and lowers pulse rate in nursing students who take the stressful tests. Lavender aromatherapy also decreases the distress before surgery in hospital settings. It is found to be more relaxing than resting or massage.
Lavender essential oil has great medicinal properties too. It reduces depression, eases labor pains and improves insomnia. Anecdotal evidence has shown that lavender oil provides relief in headaches, sinus congestion and hangovers.
Lavender oil faction can increase mood scores and decreases anxiety.
Some examples trials on lavender aromatherapy:
- With or without massage, lavender aromatherapy reduces the perception of pain and also reducing a need for conventional analgesics.
- The effects of lavender aromatherapy on depression were tested by Lewith and colleagues. They also tested the anxiety in female patients. They used the Hamilton rating scale for depression to measure the effects of aromatherapy and the Hamilton rating score for anxiety to measure anxiety. It was indicated that Lavender aroma significantly reduces the mean scores of Hamilton rating score for anxiety.
- According to a study by Tysoe and colleagues, it was found that the lavender aroma significantly improved the environment in a hospital setting, and reduced the stress on staff.
- The aroma of lavender was found to be very pleasant by subjects and correlated to the changes in the autonomic nervous system, in a study conducted by Alaoui-Ismaili and colleagues.
- According to another study which was carried out by Diego and colleagues, people who receive lavender oil olfaction for 3 minutes feel significantly relaxed and have decreased anxiety scores. They also have an improved mood and their speed of doing mathematical calculations is also increased.