Knowing These 3 Secrets of Teeth Whitening Will Make Your Smile and Your Teeth Look Amazing
As an old familiar song once told, “A picture paints a thousand words” and smile is the prettiest thing that one can wear. But what if you cannot flash your megawatt smile because you’re shy that they will notice that you have teeth discoloration? Uncomfortable and embarrassing right?
Teeth- your teeth are one of the first things people notice. They are a sign of health as well as confidence. When making a first impression, having teeth that look like you don’t brush them can send a signal that you don’t really care about yourself. Americans spend over a billion dollars a year on over-the-counter tooth whitening products, often without being aware of their risks. Because, admit it, who doesn’t want to have a beautiful smile with white sparkling teeth?
But the good news is, you do not need to buy over -the -counter teeth whiteners just to have sparkling white teeth. In fact, when you go to your pantry and you’ll be surprised that you already have the natural teeth whiteners- You just don’t know and realize what their uses are.
So here are the ways to whiten your teeth naturally:
1. Baking soda and lemon
This works great as a natural teeth whitener. Many people confirm to the fact that it does make their teeth look whiter.
You will need the following:
-Several teaspoons of baking soda
-Enough lemon juice or water to form a paste
1. Mix several teaspoons of baking soda with enough fresh lemon juice (or water) to make a paste.
2. Wipe your teeth and any extra saliva off of them with a paper towel.
3. Put a good amount of paste onto your toothbrush and apply. Leave the paste on for 1 minute, then rinse, so as to avoid the acid effecting enamel.
4. If you are using just water you can leave it on for up to 3 minutes.
Lemon has ananti-bacterial and antioxidant property and works great as a total mouth and gum cleaner and keeps the mouth free of germs.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
It makes sense that apple cider vinegar would eventually remove stubborn stains on the teeth, especially from coffee and nicotine. It has been proven that it does work but you have to be consistent and it takes a least a month of continuous usage to see results. Some say that using ACV looks like you just got your teeth professionally cleansed. Be careful, as with all acids, it can remove the enamel on your teeth as well. After brushing with ACV, you will need to brush again with regular toothpaste, preferably a non-fluoride paste, or rinse your mouth out really well.
3. Strawberries, Salt, and Baking Soda Scrub
It has been said that Catherine Zeta Jones whitens her teeth with strawberries. Who would have thought?
Strawberries are high in Vitamin C, which can help break-down plaque that is causing your teeth to look yellow. It also has an enzyme called malic acid, which may help to remove surface stains.
You will need the following:
-1-3 large strawberries
-A pinch of seat salt
-1/2 teaspoon of baking soda (optional)
1. Mash the berries into a pulp, and add a pinch of sea salt and ½ teaspoon of baking soda, if you’re using it.
2. Wipe any extra saliva off your teeth with a paper towel, and then apply a generous portion of the mixture to a toothbrush and apply.
3. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes, then rinse. Do this nightly.
You may notice an immediate difference with the first application, you may not. But if you’ll do it consistently for a few days to a week, I think you’ll be surprised by how much of a difference it makes.