6 Top Remedies for Hair Growth
Hair is important for our looks. Why else would anyone spend so much of time, efforts and money to find that most suitable hairstyle for one’s face? Your hair gives you a distinct personality. So if you are worried about hair loss that you have noticed recently, there is nothing unnatural here. Even if you are losing only the normal amount of hair but want to have thicker hair, you may do so through various remedies for hair growth. So here we go and give you 6 (plus one super tip) hair growth remedies with which you can have a good volume of hair without spending a whole lot of money for clinical treatments!
Home Remedies for Hair Growth
1. Onion juice- smelly but effective remedy for hair growth
Onion not only makes your food tasty but also makes your hair grow and multiply effectively. Why? Because onion juice has sulphur in it which boosts the production of collagen tissues. These tissues assist in re growth of your hair. You will only need red onions, even shallots would do.
- Take two to four onions.
- Grate the onions and squeeze out the grate thing to get its juice.
- Massage your scalp with this fresh onion juice.
- Let it be there for, preferably one hour. If not, leave it there at least for 15 minutes.
- Now wash off your hair with a mild shampoo and water.
Alternative method for using onion for hair growth
If you are scared of tears and irritation in eyes due to grating of onions while taking out its juice, you can use onions in another way. Here are the directions for it:
- Take 4-5 onions and chop them.
- Take a liter of water and boil it.
- Add the chopped onions to boiling water.
- Let it boil for another 5-10 minutes.
- Put off the flame and let the water cool.
- Now strain and use the water to wash your hair after using shampoo.
- If you can stand the smell, do not rinse hair with other water that day. Next day shampoo your hair use clean water to wash off.
- If you can’t stand the smell, at least do not wash off with clean water for an hour. After that shampoo and rinse hair with clean water.
Onion not only helps in re growth of hair but also lends your hair with a fabulous sheen.
2. Potato Juice- yet another vegetable that helps your hair grow
No, we are not in a vegetable juice shop nor are we cooking food in your kitchen but these vegetables really do wonder when it comes to hair growth. Along with onions, you can also use potatoes to grow your hair. In fact, potato juice can even cure thinning of hair due to ‘alopecia.’ Potatoes are rich in certain vitamins like vitamins A, B and C. When your body lacks this vitamins, your hair gets dry and brittle. So, you must have those foods that are rich in these vitamins. Using potato juice on hair directly too is beneficial. Just grate 3-4 potatoes and squeeze out the juice from it. Massage your scalp with this juice for at least 15 minutes. Rinse off with water. If your hair is very dry, instead of using just the potato juice, you can use this potato hair mask.
You will need:
- Potatoes – 3
- Egg yolk- from one egg
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Grate and squeeze out the juice from potatoes.
- Add egg yolk and honey to this juice.
- Mix well to get the potato hair mask.
- Apply on your scalp and leave for at least half and hour.
- Wash off with mild shampoo and water.
The egg yolk and honey add a good amount of moisture to potato juice which is beneficial for your dry hair. This hair mask helps in growing hair faster.
3. Eggs give extra protein to grow extra hair
Hair is primarily made up of protein. What’s the better way to grow hair than to provide it with extra protein,in fact, one of the best proteins- the egg white. What you need to do is take one or two eggs and massage your scalp with the liquids in it. Let it sit there for an hour, preferably covered with a shower cap. Then wash it off with a mild shampoo and water. You may even make an egg mask for your hair to give it extra shine and strength.
For egg hair mask, you will need:
- Egg white – from 1-2 eggs
- Olive oil- 1 tsp
- Honey- 1tsp
- Mix egg white, olive oil and honey well to make the egg hair mask.
- Apply this mask on your scalp. Cover your hair too.
- Let it sit there for about 15-20 minutes.
- Wash off with mild shampoo and water.